Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Although we do not have a year in Laos, but a year ago this idea a reality affected .... 1 Septembe


Although we do not have a year in Laos, but a year ago this idea a reality affected .... 1 September ... Jan has resigned after 36 years at the same company and forestry itself grampian opportunities was a traumatic event because believe me we generation do something easy - we have large affected in the era of jys loyal forever change not just from work ... bla bla bla .... but this is one of the life lessons that John and I are now in our old age learned - courage! So I'm sorry if today's blog bit nostalgic and sentimental, but Jan and I feel this Sep. very thankful to be able to look back at the past year in our lives and to say wow we are so glad we have this opportunity seized .... that every day was easy, and was not just a bed of roses - or should I say rice - all the way, but certainly for us an enriching experience in so many ways that the other blog posts testify, so today would I just told some of our daily life here and then Jan also told his job is endowed least why we're here ..... all seem like a long vacation - so for me it's what it is but also an incredible learning curve of how different life can also be lived - a world so far away from materialism and then raced as I did not think existed anymore ...
There was - still is - of course a lot of things to get used, some easier than others, such as not working was not difficult for me, but to go to market and buy meat there, another story, I can It still does not, and I love shopping but there are really limits! I do not even like an orderly clean butchery in my own country, much less bloody - pun not Intended - hot market, many flies, and chunks of raw meat, whole fresh generations of chickens and ducks with their heads still on, no that I stay away from there, grampian opportunities but - I can not in any case go there without a terrible sight to go so Jan would not go with me, so, we buy frozen meat at Pimphon or Simuang our expat western stores! - This is the fun of living here, although the lifestyle and habits vastly from our western habits are different here at least more than enough alternatives! - Vegetables and fruits grampian opportunities we buy all at such small small market, but is happy meat - oh, I forgot to tell the fish still swims in a pool of water - that's in the market - you can choose one and be Then take your cleaned - has never seen, but heard and saw the fish sometimes at street restaurants where they still carefree swimming around in a Badjie water - only to a hungry tourist walks past! - No tuna in a can works well for me thanks! - If I ever vegetarian considered now is a good time - Kosgewys we really adapted well - thanks to Joma, La Scala, and many other Western grampian opportunities restaurants, where we will enjoy eating, known dishes of Schnitzel and Pizza - this is nice European restaurants so it is not necessary grampian opportunities to join one of the kitchens so roadside pitched to stop - here I make so many restaurants still do not really food! - We went out every night somewhere nice downtown with all the tourists! - Here are plentiful fruit, celebrities and lesser known vegetables and is also easy to find, purchase of meat is the only problem ... but at least we get frozen skaaptjoppies of NZ or Thailand down the freezer at the Expat stores! - Lao coffee is delicious and the Laotians know how to make a decent cappuccino making, so no withdrawal symptoms not! - Of course, one does not know all these things when wild weird arrive and new friends an incredible asset - except for nice visit they are also sources of information and is the first question a new expat (wife) always ask - where buy your food? - Jan realized here and I once again the value of friendship, and we are grateful for the new additions to our circle of friends - but is really nice to have supper True Coffee to go and put other Afrikaans! - We put many a night there and visit lovely in Afrikaans! - Or friends coming back from SA with a new pair of shoes for me in his bag, sweets or something in the bag ... thanks grampian opportunities for my Medical Rolos! - Though the bag only two days away have been - I do not know who is the happiest place the bag is full of content I Fanie? -
Unfortunately, grampian opportunities part of the expat life that people come and go as contracts begin and end, and we already grampian opportunities had friends say goodbye - obviously less fun, but hey, that's life .. the expat l

No comments:

Post a Comment