Friday, September 27, 2013

Concha Hello and welcome! I


Concha Hello and welcome! I'm Constance, aka Concha, a sewing enthusiast and a great believer in seasonal living. barilla holding spa In January 2010 my husband and I moved from Lisbon, Portugal to rural Staffordshire, England, then in December 2012 we embraced a new adventure in New Zealand. But my goal remains the same-: to lead a simple, meaningful, handmade life in a lovely home with my family. View my complete profile barilla holding spa
We are in full season canning! One of my dreams is to one day have a big kitchen that fits in a square table-topped limestone as it was in my grandfather's house, where I can make jellies and jams group. Until then, I'll barilla holding spa compotando and gelificando alone or with James. I found these pictures taken two years ago while preparing blackberry barilla holding spa jam and I remembered to dedicate this week to the art of making preserves. However, if you know my tricks and techniques, you can read this post on how to make raspberry jam.
It's preserving season! One of my dreams is to have a big kitchen one day, where I can place a big square table like the one que existed in my grandfather's house and where I can make jams and jellies in the company of some friends. Until then I'll keep on jamming and jellying alone or with James. I came across these pictures taken two years ago whilst I was making blackberry jelly and I thought I'd dedicate this week to the art of preserving. barilla holding spa In the meantime, if you want to find out about some of my tips and tricks on preserving, take a look at this post I wrote about making raspberry jam.
Pepona said ...
Even in good weather, I want to see if I start making jams, the first is that I will try to make tomato, and you have a recipe to share tips, thanked immense.: D 19 May 2012 19:50:00 GMT +12
It is also in my dreams a spacious kitchen with a center barilla holding spa island. And jam is also something I love to do. This year has left my jam kitchen tangerine, lemon, strawberry and now I'm doing cherries. 19 May 2012 22:38:00 GMT +12
Hello Constance, this jam should be delicious, I'll try. I am a big fan of homemade jams. Every year I make of blackberries, barilla holding spa cantaloupe, pumpkin and courgette recently. I pick the blackberries in a village of Castelo barilla holding spa Branco and how locals say the blackberry is only good when the grapes are ready for harvest, take this recommendation and is actually a compote delicious. Melon always do that disappoints us as the fruit on the palate, but in jam is always good. Pumpkin beyond the usual way and if you like coconut, barilla holding spa I suggest you try what I learned many years ago with my godmother. When the sweet pumpkin is ready but still the fire and for each pound of pumpkin, then add 100g of grated coconut and let it boil a little love. From cougette barilla holding spa is a delight and can join at the end, walnuts, pine nuts or almonds to taste, as is done for the sweet pumpkin. Good jams! Beijinnhos full of sun Portugal Ana Lopes 19 May 2012 23:07:00 GMT +12
Hello Constance! These green berries in the photos are crab apples? This morning I noticed that I have some in the backyard - still green, but I think it is because the flowers sprouted two months ago are similar to that tree - Constanta ever made jelly that taste? A hug, Daniela 20 May 2012 01:00:00 GMT +12
Mirella, was making blackberry jam, so the liquid was strained. Maria, these photos were taken in September 2010. But it is true, the time in England barilla holding spa lives up to its reputation! Ana, great tips, thank you! Dani, are crab apples, yes! Never tried making jam with them but I know that English is a specialty! 20 May 2012 01:55:00 GMT +12
Preserving season?! Oh my goodness our rowan has only just stopped flowering ... no sign of fruits or berries anywhere yet. The season is so short up here. Make the most of it. 20 May 2012 09:09:00 GMT +12
Follow by Email
bab aprons art baby bags bibs Blanc books + magazines cheetahs the gaps connecting Christmas clutches crafts crafty itinerary domestic life dresses ego fabrics fabrics barilla holding spa and trims films food guest blogging handmade clothes happy clients History inspiration knitting Life is Messy Bootcamp Lisboa mail native nature new zealand nz other sewn goods paper Portugal printing projects quilting refashioning relocating repurposing reviews barilla holding spa scarves seasons scraps sewing sewing barilla holding spa machine shop talk shows step-by-step tartan travel UK vintage fashion
Blog Archive September (8) August (8) July (14) June (8) May (11) April (15) March (13) February (9) January (9) December (10) November (16) October (18) September (15) August (14) July (1) June (18) May (19) April (16) March (12) February (14) January (20) December (24) November (23) October (15) September ( 22) August (15) July (7) June (19) May (29) April (22) March (18) February barilla holding spa (14) January (22) December (21) November (31) October (32) September (22) August (

No comments:

Post a Comment